- Lisa Horner, 29, and Rebecca Parton, 21, grew up in separate families
- Spent years searching for their absent father on social media and missing persons forums, with both women believing that they were an only child
- The pair began chatting on Facebook and later took DNA tests
- Last month they met for the first time - but are still looking for their father
Two women who spent their lives searching for their father have told how they found each other on Facebook by chance - and discovered they were sisters.
Lisa Horner, 29, and Rebecca Parton, 21, had dedicated most of their adult lives to searching for their father, without realising each other existed.
The pair spent years scouring social media in a desperate bid to track down David Martindale - but instead they found each other completely by chance.
Lisa Horner, 29 (left) and Rebecca Parton, 21, spent years scouring Facebook for their father - without realising that they had a long lost sister
Lisa had not seen her dad, who would now be 49, since she was ten years old, and began searching for him after her 18th birthday.
She left a message on a missing persons website in which she described David and urged people who may know him to get in touch.
The message contained his name, his date of birth and the names of his siblings - but it wasn't until last year that Lisa finally got a reply.
It came from a woman named Sue Parton who said the description of David sounded like the man her granddaughter was looking for.
Reunited at last: On September 17, they met each other for the first time after Lisa travelled up to see Rebecca in her home town of Doncaster, South Yorkshire
The pair met up for the first time at Doncaster Train Station, and spent the day together. Rebecca (left) said she was 'so nervous that I felt sick'
The pair embrace after meeting for the first time. Lisa (left) said afterwards: 'It's a miracle. I'm made up - I can't believe I found my sister on Facebook'
Sue's granddaughter was Rebecca, who had never known her dad and also began looking for him after her mum Andrea passed away of cancer aged 37.
Lisa was unable to reply to the message on the website, so decided to look for Rebecca on Facebook instead.
After finding and adding her as friend, the pair got chatting and realised they shared the same father and were in fact half-sisters.
And two weeks ago, on September 17, they met each other for the first time after Lisa travelled up to see Rebecca in her home town of Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
Recalling their first meeting, Rebecca, left, said: 'We had a lovely day. We went for a walk around Doncaster and had something to eat and just chatted'
The pair met for the first time just two weeks ago. Rebecca, left, says she and Lisa now talk 'all the time' and hopes to visit her in Nottingham for the first birthday of her nephew this month
Mother-of-four Lisa, 29, from Nottingham, said: 'It's a miracle. I'm made up - I can't believe I found my sister on Facebook.
'I had almost given up hope on the missing persons website but when Sue got in touch I could not believe it.
'I was gutted when I couldn't reply but I began searching for Rebecca as everybody is on Facebook these days. And lo and behold there she was on Facebook, I couldn't believe it.
'I added Rebecca as a friend and I found out she was looking for my dad too and we realised that she could be my sister.'
The two sisters share a giggle. Lisa, right, said she was desperate to meet Rebecca: 'I just wanted to give my new sister a big hug'
Rebecca, left, said: ''I always thought I was an only child so to find I have a sister is absolutely amazing. I'm still having to pinch myself, it doesn't seem real'
Lisa and Rebecca got to know each other over the next few months as they messaged on and off. During the time they spoke about taking a DNA test to make it official.
Lisa was pregnant with her fourth child at the time, however, which made it difficult to arrange a meet-up.
But after her grandmother Ann passed away in April this year, she decided it was time to find out if she and Rebecca were blood-related.
She added: 'I said to Rebecca: "Listen, we need to do a DNA test." And she agreed with me.'
The newly-reunited sisters share a hug with Lisa (left) saying: 'We really get on, and I can see certain personality traits of myself in her. It's fantastic to discover a sister I didn't know about'
They both sent off samples to DNA testers AlphaBiolabs on June 30 and were told they had to wait over the weekend for the results.
Lisa, who works as a carer, said: 'It was honestly the longest weekend of my life.'
But the results came back via email which confirmed that they were in fact half sisters.
Lisa, who is mum to Aiden, 10, Evie-May, nine, Ethan, seven, and 11-month-old Moses, added: 'I was over the moon. I could not believe it.
'I thought then we had to meet up - I just wanted to give my new sister a big hug.'
The pair met up for the first time at Doncaster Train Station, and spent the day together.
Despite striking up a newfound friendship, the pair have been unable to locate their father
Rebecca, left, and Lisa say they are delighted to have found each other after all these years
Rebecca said: 'I was very nervous, so much so that I felt sick. I was sat at the station for a while but what I didn't realise was I was sat next to Lisa's mum.
'It was really exciting though, and so great to find I have more family. We had a lovely day. We went for a walk around Doncaster and had something to eat and just chatted.'
Rebecca says she and Lisa now talk 'all the time' and hopes to visit her in Nottingham for the first birthday of her newly-discovered nephew this month.
Rebecca, who is a sales assistant at Clintons Cards, added: 'I'll hopefully see them all at Christmas too.
'I always thought I was an only child so to find I have a sister is absolutely amazing. I'm still having to pinch myself, it doesn't seem real.
Lisa, left, and Rebecca have only met once but hope to reunited for the first birthday of Lisa's son later this month
Rebecca, 21, has not managed to track her father down but says: 'I always thought I was an only child so to find I have a sister is absolutely amazing'
'We really get on, and I can see certain personality traits of myself in her. It's fantastic to discover a sister I didn't know about.'
The sisters are still searching for their father and have been in contact with his family, but nobody appears to know his whereabouts.
David had been in a relationship with Lisa's mother Sharon Lincoln, 47, for about three years and Lisa said she only remembers him being around every now and then.
Lisa explained: 'My gran used to say that he'd pop out for a pint of milk and not come back for two weeks.
'He's missing out on his grandchildren growing up and this whole new family. But I am just so happy I got to find the sister I never knew existed.'
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Using Lizard as breakfast
- Hold This Slap For Me My Pikin
- Gari eating competition
- Father And Daughter's Skelewu Dance
- 60 Yr Old Man Gets 12 Yr Old Girl Pregnant
- Man Wrestles With A Huge Python That Swallowed Two Animals And Forces It To Vomit Them
- UKIP MEP Steven Woolfe ‘Offers Hand Of Friendship’ To Mike Hookem After Altercation
- FULL VIDEO: Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton Clash In First Presidential Debate
- Lil Wayne's Garage vs Floyd Mayweather's Cars 2016
- Guy Tries To Show Off At The Gym And Almost Kills Himself
- British TV Presenter Host Live Show In Only His Boxer Shorts After Losing Bet
- Bride-To-Be Who Was Buried Alive By Her Bodybuilder Fiancé Reveals How She Escaped
- Woman Reading Her Electricity Bill With Both Hands While DRIVING On Rush Hour Motorway
- Funniest Wedding Fails
- Funny Videos 2016 : Stupid People Doing Stupid Things
- Best Twerking Ever
- Kid Runs From Own Shadow
- Best Funny Pranks Vol 1
- Shocking CCTV Footage Shows Woman Assaulting Her Mother In Law
- Sean Penn Breaks His Silence On Controversial El Chapo Meeting
- Steve Harvey Breaks Down After Seeing His Mama's House
- Boko Haram Abduct 8 More Girls In Nigeria
- Actor Macaulay Culkin falls victim to death hoax
- Yosemite climber falls 30 feet, rescued by helicopter
- Music Legend Glen Campbell's Health Deteriorates, Moved To Alzheimer’s Care Facility
- Was Wendi Deng Dumped Over Affair With Tony Blair?
- Couple in a prank at the gas station - Video
- SpongeBob 2 Movie Features Antonio Banderas
- Justin Bieber Busts Out 'Lolly' Raps with Juicy J in New Video
- Scary Local Clown Terrorizes British Town
- 'Ozymandias': What Does That Breaking Bad Episode Title Mean?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes 'Breaking Bad' Parody
- Avril Lavigne Kisses Danica McKellar in 'Rock N Roll' Music Video
- 222 Golden Retrievers Gather at Scottish Convention
- Tom Grosset Becomes World's Fastest Drummer With More Than 20 Hits Per Second
- Neil Diamond Sings 'Sweet Caroline' During All-Star Game
- Preacher From Hell: Watch Baptist Church Pastor Rain Curses On Church Members
- Baby Gorilla Abandoned by Her Parents Finds a New Surrogate Mom
- "Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret": Is It Too Graphic?