- Miguel Alvarez-Flores, 22, and Diego Hernandez-Rivera, 18, charged in sick plot
- MS-13 gang members kidnapped two teenage girls for weeks, cops say
- The pair of illegal immigrants from El Salvador were living in the Houston area
- Gang leader called himself 'Diabolical' and kept a Satanic shrine
- Killed one of the teens after she insulted and destroyed demon shrine, cops say
- The other girl, 14, kidnapped on her way home from school in early February
- She told cops she was drugged and brutally raped repeatedly
- Said pair held her down and gave her a tattoo with an image of the Grim Reaper
- The Gangbangers both smiled and waved to cameras in courtroom
- Hours earlier, 13 members of the same gang were arrested in New York for allegedly killing three high school students
Two illegal immigrant gang members from El Salvador who had a Satanic shrine in their Houston apartment are suspects in the killing of one teenager and the kidnapping of another, authorities said.
Gang leader Miguel Angel Alvarez-Flores, 22, who also goes by 'Diabolico,' and 18-year-old Diego Alexan Hernandez-Rivera appeared in Houston court Wednesday on charges of aggravated kidnapping and murder.
The MS-13 gang members laughed, smiled and waved in court.
Prosecutors said the two kidnapped a 14-year-old girl after she left school around February 2, holding her in an apartment where she was raped by a gang member.
Miguel Alvarez-Flores (right) smiles and waves at news cameras in Houston court on Wednesday, as the gang leader known as 'Diabolico' and his partner 18-year-old Diego Hernandez-Rivera (left) faced charges of aggravated kidnapping and murder
The 14-year-old victim told police that the two MS-13 gang members kept her prisoner for weeks, drugged her, raped her, and gave her a tattoo by force
Two known MS-13 gang members, formerly of El Salvador, Miguel Alvarez-Flores, left, and Diego Hernandez-Rivera appear in court in Houston on Thursday
After four days, the girl said she was taken to a different apartment where six gang members lived, and Flores kept a makeshift Satanic shrine.
Authorities say she was held against her will there for two weeks, given drugs and alcohol to keep her disoriented, and sexually assaulted by some of the men.
She also said she was held down while Flores tattooed a giant grim reaper from her knee to her foot, the Houston Chronicle reported.
She told investigators that a second girl she only knew as 'Genesis' also was held at the apartment.
Police investigate the scene where the second girl was found dead on February 16
Miguel Alvarez-Flores, 22, (left) who also goes by 'Diabolico,' and 18-year-old Diego Hernandez-Rivera appeared in Houston court Wednesday on charges of aggravated kidnapping and murder
Cops release photo reconstruction of girl the pair 'lured into the woods and killed' to find out her identity
Authorities released the facial reconstruction image of one of the pair's alleged victims in a bid to identify her
Authorities released the facial reconstruction image of one of the pair's alleged victims in a bid to identify her.
The girl - aged between 15 and 25 - was found dead on the morning of February 16.
She was also shot in the neck and torso.
Police said Rivera had confessed to leading the woman to a remote area and shooting her.
The photo was created by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on behalf of Harris County officials.
The girl is described as being Hispanic, around five feet tall and 108 pounds.
Her hair was dark and wavy, and she had pierced ears.
She was also wearing three metal rings, one with an elephant pattern, one with leaf-like patterns, and one with small reflective stones.
A previous image of the woman, taken after she died, was released by the The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences on February 21.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
The victim was also wearing three metal rings, one with an elephant pattern, one with leaf-like patterns, and one with small reflective stones
Genesis lashed out at their captors by destroying the makeshift Satanic shrine, the first victim told police.
Flores responded by sacrificing a cigarette to the gang's shrine, but then said the 'Beast' required a soul sacrifice, according to the court hearing.
When the 14-year-old girl woke up the next day, Genesis was gone.
That girl was found shot dead in the head and chest on February 16, and has not yet been identified.
Police said Rivera had confessed in the shooting.
The gang member says crew boss Flores told him 'Prepare yourself, it's your turn,' according to police.
The two men then took Genesis from the apartment on the pretense of meeting a dealer to buy weed.
Rivera shot the woman in the head, killing her, and the older gang member Flores then took the gun and fired a second shot in her chest, police believe.
The dead girl is described as being Hispanic, around five feet tall and 108 pounds.
Her hair was dark and wavy, and she had pierced ears.
Police released a composite sketch of the unidentified victim, asking anyone with information to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
Rivera and Flores are each being held on $150,000 bond in Harris County Jail.
However, federal authorities have placed a hold on the illegal aliens, meaning they would be taken into federal custody if released on bail.
Both men have requested a court-appointed lawyer. They are scheduled to appear in court on April 18.
The gang that is terrorizing America: 10 illegal immigrant members of MS-13 among 13 arrested in New York for killing three high school students
Thirteen members of the same gang were arrested in New York on Thursday for allegedly killing three high school students.
The trio, including two best friends, were attacked with a machete and baseball bats as they walked through their suburban neighborhood.
Thirteen alleged members of local cliques of the MS-13 street gang were charged with a slew of violent crimes and seven murders over a five year period, prosecutors and police announced.
Among the dead: Brentwood High School students Nisa Mickens, 15, Kayla Cuevas, 16, who were ambushed by a carload of other teens on Sept. 13, and their former schoolmate Jose Pena-Hernandez, 18, whose corpse was found on the grounds of an abandoned state psychiatric hospital following his disappearance in June.
Nisa Mickens, 15, (left) Kayla Cuevas, 16, (right) from Long Island, New York, were were ambushed by a carload of other teens on September 13 and killed. Thirteen members of the MS-13 gang were arrested on Thursday in connection with the slayings
Law enforcement officers take one of the MS-13 street gang members into custody in Central Islip, N.Y., on Thursday
Evelyn Rodriguez, mother of Kayla Cuevas, 16, stops to talk members of the press gathered outside U.S. District Court Thursday, March 2
MS-13: The brutal, machete-wielding gang that became the first organization to be declared an international criminal group
The ultra-violent street gang MS-13 was the first to be designated as an international criminal group.
The gang was founded by immigrants fleeing El Salvador's civil war more than two decades ago.
Its founders took lessons learned from that brutal conflict to the streets of Los Angeles and built a reputation as one of the most ruthless and sophisticated street gangs, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent Jason Shatarsky.
With as many as 10,000 members in 46 states, the gang has expanded far beyond its initial roots. Members are accused of major crimes including murder, kidnapping, prostitution, drug smuggling and human trafficking.
The group's violence — using a machete to hack a victim to death or shooting someone in the head in broad daylight, for instance — surprised authorities and even rival gangs.
'They saw a level of violence that hadn't been seen before,' Shatarsky said, adding that as the gang has expanded it has also become more sophisticated than many rivals.
The gang, which is allied with several of Mexico's warring drug cartels, has a strong presence in Southern California, Washington and Northern Virginia, all areas with substantial Salvadoran populations.
Among the most high-profile killings attributed to MS-13 in Virginia was the 2003 slaying of a pregnant teenager who had become an informant. Brenda Paz, 17, was stabbed to death and her body was left along the banks of the Shenandoah River.
The killings came amid a national conversation about illegal immigration, and prosecutors revealed in a news conference that 10 of the 13 indicted suspects were citizens of El Salvador or Honduras who were in the U.S. illegally, including most of the people directly implicated in the murders.
Last December, Donald Trump referenced the killings in Brentwood during a profile for his Time magazine 'Person of the Year' award after being elected president.
Two other killings of Brentwood youths, ages 15 and 19, whose bodies were discovered last year in secluded spots in the hamlet, remain unsolved.
Gang violence has been a problem in Brentwood and some surrounding Long Island communities for more than a decade, but Suffolk County police and the FBI began pouring resources into a crackdown after the killings of the high school girls sparked outrage.
'While violence and brutality are trademarks of the MS-13 gang, the murders of these three teens are particularly disturbing,' U.S. Attorney Robert Capers said in announcing the indictment Thursday.
Cuevas was targeted last summer by a group of four gang members, including two juveniles, because she had been feuding with MS-13 members at school and on social media. The posse, which had been roving in a car looking for gang enemies, attacked when they came across her walking with Nisa in the street.
'(Nisa) Mickens was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, hanging out with her childhood friend,' Capers said.
Robert Mickens, Nisa's father, said he felt blessed that police had made arrests.
'I've got some type of closure even though my daughter is not back. It's closure to my family,' he said.
Pena-Hernandez was an alleged MS-13 gang member who was lured to the grounds of an abandoned state psychiatric hospital by fellow gang members he thought were his friends, Capers said. Those friends turned on him and repeatedly stabbed him to death, he said.
His death had gone largely publicly unmarked until police began discovering corpses in the weeks after Cuevas and Nisa died.
Some people complained that police, school officials and others were not doing enough to stem the violence. Since then, police have arrested more than 125 suspected MS-13 gang members in Brentwood and elsewhere.
A poster shows pictures of two of the slain teenagers and an offer of a reward
The gang, also called Mara Salvatrucha, is believed to have been founded as a neighborhood street gang in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s by immigrants fleeing a civil war in El Salvador.
It grew after some members were deported to El Salvador, helping to turn that country into one of the most violent places in the world. It is now a major international criminal enterprise with tens of thousands of members in several Central American countries and many U.S. states.
One of Trump's priorities is a crackdown on immigrants who are in the country illegally and have committed crimes. He promised as much in his December interview with Time magazine, when he referenced a Newsday story about the killings.
'They come from Central America. They're tougher than any people you've ever met,' he said. 'They're killing and raping everybody out there. They're illegal. And they are finished.'
Latest Nigeria News
- Man Using Lizard as breakfast
- Hold This Slap For Me My Pikin
- Gari eating competition
- Father And Daughter's Skelewu Dance
- 60 Yr Old Man Gets 12 Yr Old Girl Pregnant
- Man Wrestles With A Huge Python That Swallowed Two Animals And Forces It To Vomit Them
- UKIP MEP Steven Woolfe ‘Offers Hand Of Friendship’ To Mike Hookem After Altercation
- FULL VIDEO: Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton Clash In First Presidential Debate
- Lil Wayne's Garage vs Floyd Mayweather's Cars 2016
- Guy Tries To Show Off At The Gym And Almost Kills Himself
- British TV Presenter Host Live Show In Only His Boxer Shorts After Losing Bet
- Bride-To-Be Who Was Buried Alive By Her Bodybuilder Fiancé Reveals How She Escaped
- Woman Reading Her Electricity Bill With Both Hands While DRIVING On Rush Hour Motorway
- Funniest Wedding Fails
- Funny Videos 2016 : Stupid People Doing Stupid Things
- Best Twerking Ever
- Kid Runs From Own Shadow
- Best Funny Pranks Vol 1
- Shocking CCTV Footage Shows Woman Assaulting Her Mother In Law
- Sean Penn Breaks His Silence On Controversial El Chapo Meeting
- Steve Harvey Breaks Down After Seeing His Mama's House
- Boko Haram Abduct 8 More Girls In Nigeria
- Actor Macaulay Culkin falls victim to death hoax
- Yosemite climber falls 30 feet, rescued by helicopter
- Music Legend Glen Campbell's Health Deteriorates, Moved To Alzheimer’s Care Facility
- Was Wendi Deng Dumped Over Affair With Tony Blair?
- Couple in a prank at the gas station - Video
- SpongeBob 2 Movie Features Antonio Banderas
- Justin Bieber Busts Out 'Lolly' Raps with Juicy J in New Video
- Scary Local Clown Terrorizes British Town
- 'Ozymandias': What Does That Breaking Bad Episode Title Mean?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes 'Breaking Bad' Parody
- Avril Lavigne Kisses Danica McKellar in 'Rock N Roll' Music Video
- 222 Golden Retrievers Gather at Scottish Convention
- Tom Grosset Becomes World's Fastest Drummer With More Than 20 Hits Per Second
- Neil Diamond Sings 'Sweet Caroline' During All-Star Game
- Preacher From Hell: Watch Baptist Church Pastor Rain Curses On Church Members
- Baby Gorilla Abandoned by Her Parents Finds a New Surrogate Mom
- "Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret": Is It Too Graphic?