- Ex-Watford star Allan Smart, 42, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power
- She rejected him, causing the former footballer to push her and call her names
- He then returned to pub and sank teeth into the ear of her husband Ricky Power
- Lisa said Smart, of Oxford, then 'spat something out at my feet and walked off'
A former Premier League footballer who bit off part of a man's ear before branding his victim's wife a 'f***ing s**g' has been spared jail.
Allan Smart, who played for Watford from 1998 to 2001, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power, 41, in an alley during a drunken night out in April last year.
After she rejected his advances, he pushed and swore at her, before going back inside the pub they had been drinking in and attacking her husband Ricky Power, 51.
The former footballer admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm during a hearing at Swindon Crown Court.
Allan Smart, who played for Watford from 1998 to 2001, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power, 41, in an alley during a drunken night out in April last year
Mrs Power said father-of-four Smart, 42, had been rubbing her knee under a table and winked at her earlier in the night, despite his girlfriend also being at the pub.
After trying to kiss her as they walked through an alleyway, Mrs Power pushed Smart away, causing the ex-BBC Radio Lancashire pundit to push back, The Sun reported.
She told the court: 'I ran into the pub looking for my husband. I spotted him but Allan was in my face shouting "you c**t, you s**g," every name under the stars.
'Then Allan just lunged forward, went for Ricky’s ear. The next thing I know he has turned round to me and spat something out at my feet and walked off.'
The attack would leave Mr Power with a permanent disfigurement, despite plastic surgery, and in need of counselling for trauma.
Describing Smart, of Oxford, as having a 'drink problem', the judge handed the former Watford striker a two-year suspended sentence.
Describing Smart (shown left) as having a 'drink problem', the judge handed the former Watford striker a two-year suspended sentence
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath