- Ex-Watford star Allan Smart, 42, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power
- She rejected him, causing the former footballer to push her and call her names
- He then returned to pub and sank teeth into the ear of her husband Ricky Power
- Lisa said Smart, of Oxford, then 'spat something out at my feet and walked off'
A former Premier League footballer who bit off part of a man's ear before branding his victim's wife a 'f***ing s**g' has been spared jail.
Allan Smart, who played for Watford from 1998 to 2001, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power, 41, in an alley during a drunken night out in April last year.
After she rejected his advances, he pushed and swore at her, before going back inside the pub they had been drinking in and attacking her husband Ricky Power, 51.
The former footballer admitted wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm during a hearing at Swindon Crown Court.
Allan Smart, who played for Watford from 1998 to 2001, tried to kiss his partner's best friend Lisa Power, 41, in an alley during a drunken night out in April last year
Mrs Power said father-of-four Smart, 42, had been rubbing her knee under a table and winked at her earlier in the night, despite his girlfriend also being at the pub.
After trying to kiss her as they walked through an alleyway, Mrs Power pushed Smart away, causing the ex-BBC Radio Lancashire pundit to push back, The Sun reported.
She told the court: 'I ran into the pub looking for my husband. I spotted him but Allan was in my face shouting "you c**t, you s**g," every name under the stars.
'Then Allan just lunged forward, went for Ricky’s ear. The next thing I know he has turned round to me and spat something out at my feet and walked off.'
The attack would leave Mr Power with a permanent disfigurement, despite plastic surgery, and in need of counselling for trauma.
Describing Smart, of Oxford, as having a 'drink problem', the judge handed the former Watford striker a two-year suspended sentence.
Describing Smart (shown left) as having a 'drink problem', the judge handed the former Watford striker a two-year suspended sentence
Latest Nigeria News
- Kasich says Trump needs to work with Democrats
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- Daily Show's Trevor Noah mocks Queensland crocodile teen
- Woman killed two and injured another while high on drugs
- Australia's biggest dog Baron has qualified as a therapist
- Joan Crawford plot to kill Bette Davis' Oscar chances
- Trump didn't 'care' or 'know' about healthcare
- White House denies claim Trump gave Merkel $374B NATO bill
- The moment a flying sheet of ice destroys a windshield
- Two Australian men charged over $101 million ice bust
- Queenslanders ask category 4 Cyclone Debbie to bring it on
- Captain Cook's 1770 wine-stained vest goes up for sale
- Narre Warren woman attacked with an AXE at Westfield mall
- 'Everest has better web speed than parts of the UK'
- Coca-Cola diverts 'blame for obesity from sugar'
- Ted Koppel says Sean Hannity is bad for America on CBS
- Darwin rattled by 5.3 magnitude earthquake
- Sydney Trains boss warns terror attack is a real danger
- My prayers for jailed Marine, by former archbishop
- Leaving the EU will strengthen the union says PM
- Surfer, 23, misdiagnosed with asthma has tuberculosis
- London attacker Khalid Masood's friends reveal upbringing
- Detective claims Madeleine's abductor is being shielded
- Aunt raises three girls of her sister killed by a van
- When Joan Crawford met Mamacita: German immigrant maid
- Pete Evans hits back at Australian Medical Association
- One Nation’s Pauline Hanson to go on strike over sugar
- Sydney Greenpeace protest at Commonwealth Bank in CBD
- ISIS celebrate the Westminster terror attack to recruit
- Fears of a terror attack in London keep tourists away
- Sprint car driver, 42, killed in Florida speedway crash
- Nine in ten councils putting up tax bills next month
- Three arrested in alleged sexual assault case of child
- Trump supporter hits anti-fascist protester with MAGA flag
- Westminster killer's two daughters
- Westminster killer was flagged as a potential extremist
- Dog mourns death of his master who was gunned down
- Harry's in a hurry to move Meghan into his new home
- Transport officer drops to ground as man pulls out a gun
- Cameron aide's uber 'cover up'