- Cristiano Ronaldo was substituted in the 72nd minute during the 2-2 draw
- Ronaldo was angry about Zinedine Zidane's choice to take him off the pitch
- Ronaldo was subbed off at 2-1 but Las Palmas scored an equaliser after
- Zidane insists that there are no problems between himself and Ronaldo
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane believes that it was good that Cristiano Ronaldo acted angrily to being substituted in the 2-2 draw with Las Palmas.
The Portuguese star was substituted in the 72nd minute and was replaced by Lucas Vasquez with the score at 2-1.
Following the decision to take Ronaldo off, Sergio Araujo grabbed a late equaliser for Las Palmas on September 24.
Cristiano Ronaldo hit the headlines after reacting angrily to his substitution against Las Palmas
CRISTIANO RONALDO'S 2016-17 SEASON SO FAR
Appearances - 6
Goals - 3
Assists - 1
Chances created - 6
Ronaldo was visibly frustrated by Zidane's decision but the latter insists that it shows he was concerned for the team.
'It's good that Ronaldo was upset when he came off,' Zidane told RMC. 'It shows that the guy is concerned and wants to bring something to the team. But it doesn't matter. I explained it to him, and it's over.
'We play 60 matches these days. In my time, we had that in two years. For me, a player can't play 65 matches in a season at the same level.
'I talk to my players first, I explain it to them. I want to have their opinion.'
Ronaldo hasn't managed to find his goalscoring touch for Real in recent weeks, having scored just once in four games.
Zidane's side, who have won four and drawn three games in the league, currently sit in second place behind rivals Atletico Madrid on goal difference.
After the international break, the Spanish giants face Real Betis away on October 15 and will be hoping to return to winning ways after four draws on the trot in all competitions.
Ronaldo's form in front of goal has dropped after bagging just one goal in his last four games
The Portuguese star will be looking to rediscover his goalscoring touch for his country
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath