- Cristiano Ronaldo was substituted in the 72nd minute during the 2-2 draw
- Ronaldo was angry about Zinedine Zidane's choice to take him off the pitch
- Ronaldo was subbed off at 2-1 but Las Palmas scored an equaliser after
- Zidane insists that there are no problems between himself and Ronaldo
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane believes that it was good that Cristiano Ronaldo acted angrily to being substituted in the 2-2 draw with Las Palmas.
The Portuguese star was substituted in the 72nd minute and was replaced by Lucas Vasquez with the score at 2-1.
Following the decision to take Ronaldo off, Sergio Araujo grabbed a late equaliser for Las Palmas on September 24.
Cristiano Ronaldo hit the headlines after reacting angrily to his substitution against Las Palmas
CRISTIANO RONALDO'S 2016-17 SEASON SO FAR
Appearances - 6
Goals - 3
Assists - 1
Chances created - 6
Ronaldo was visibly frustrated by Zidane's decision but the latter insists that it shows he was concerned for the team.
'It's good that Ronaldo was upset when he came off,' Zidane told RMC. 'It shows that the guy is concerned and wants to bring something to the team. But it doesn't matter. I explained it to him, and it's over.
'We play 60 matches these days. In my time, we had that in two years. For me, a player can't play 65 matches in a season at the same level.
'I talk to my players first, I explain it to them. I want to have their opinion.'
Ronaldo hasn't managed to find his goalscoring touch for Real in recent weeks, having scored just once in four games.
Zidane's side, who have won four and drawn three games in the league, currently sit in second place behind rivals Atletico Madrid on goal difference.
After the international break, the Spanish giants face Real Betis away on October 15 and will be hoping to return to winning ways after four draws on the trot in all competitions.
Ronaldo's form in front of goal has dropped after bagging just one goal in his last four games
The Portuguese star will be looking to rediscover his goalscoring touch for his country
Latest Nigeria News
- Mummified 500-year-old Chinese official corpse unearthed
- Watton teen makes cancer recovery after using cannabis oil
- Kentucky town Lynch is near-abandoned after 100 years
- Obama press secretary Josh Earnest trashes President Trump
- Maryland girl faces charges for planning school shooting
- Manchester cyclist smashes car's windscreen with OWN BIKE
- Seahawks' Trevone Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Florida dog is covered with gift wrap
- NYPD cop prepare to sue boss for demanding threesome
- Millionaire gets rid of everything to live in Airbnbs
- Looming government shutdown facing Trump and House GOP
- Leading breast surgeon accused of unnecessary operations
- Father furious after cafe staff call wife a 'freak'
- California apartment building erupts in flames
- Bournemouth soldier 'stabbed his ex-girlfriend 11 times'
- Aaron Hernandez's older brother to testify at murder trial
- London terrorist's mother condemns his actions
- Online groomer caught by web vigilantes avoids jail
- Aaron Hernandez thought club promoters were 'snitches'
- Megyn Kelly enjoys fun in the sun on Hawaiian vacation
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal