A penis gun ended up being bad news for an artist's face.
Bengt Andersson was brutally beaten at a gallery in Malmo, Sweden on Wednesday when he went to retrieve his gun sculpture loaded with penis-shaped bullets. The guards mistook the piece of art for a real weapon and left Andersson bloody, bruised and in need of medical assistance, according to the Local's translation of a Sydsvenskan daily newspaper story.
"I just wanted to show off my art," Andersson said.
The guards were at the gallery in part to protect fellow artist, Lars Vilks, who has previously courted controversy for depicting the Muslim prophet Muhammad, according to the Mirror.
A "police official," whose name was not reported, explained the security guards' actions.
"When they see a weapon they have to intervene like this to protect this subject [Vilks] who is subject to a high level of threat,’ a police official said.
Though he wasn't the victim of violence like Andersson, New York's Jonah Falcon knows something of the artist's troubles.
Last year, Falcon was frisked by a TSA agent after his huge penis was mistaken for a weapon.
Latest Nigeria News
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal
- Boy, 7, who raised £41,000 to be buried next to mum dies
- Conman, 34, fleeced horse lovers out of £280,000
- PICTURED: Mother-of-two 'attacked with an axe by husband'
- Cyclone Debbie now Category 4 storm in Queensland
- Heavenly home! £650,000 chapel home has graveyard garden
- Britain's smallest house to be turned into hotel
- Is massive dam about to collapse and flood Raqqa?
- Chinese man is crushed to death between train and platform
- Trump says illegal border crossings are 'way down'
- Hizb Ut-Tahrir leader: Ex-Muslims should be put to death
- Physics student on walk is detained during Russian protest
- Conservative pundit Tomi Lahren axed from The Blaze
- Haunting images show everyday life in Magdalene Laundries
- Toddler visits beach for 1st time and can’t stop squealing
- Sydney bar Suey Sins accused of being 'racist and sexist'
- Couple demand apology after postman 'kicked' arthritic dog
- Hairdresser left with HUGE bruise after Menorca hotel fall
- Police search beneath M53 for body of missing man
- Ex-Royal Marine threw lover onto a pile of boxes
- Mother owns every £1 coin design ever made by Royal Mint