A Colorado man was arrested Monday after allegedly riding a horse while intoxicated, with a dog and pistol in his backpack.
Patrick Neal Schumacher, 45, was arrested near the University of Colorado in Boulder on charges of animal cruelty, prohibited use of weapons, riding a horse while under the influence of alcohol and reckless endangerment, The CU Independent reported.
Witnesses told the Colorado University Police Department that Schumacher was wandering into traffic while going up a busy road. Witnesses also said Schumacher was hitting his horse, Dillon. Schumacher told police he was trying to swat a fly off the horse's head, according to the Denver Post.
“Schumacher failed roadside intoxication tests,” a police news release stated. “A small black powder pistol and beer cans were found in his saddle bag.”
The allegedly drunk cowboy also had a small pug riding along with him, named Bufford.
According to the police news release, he later told police he was traveling from Larkspur, Colo. to Bryce, Utah to go to his brother's wedding after losing his driver's license. Larkspur is about 60 miles from Boulder and about 600 miles from Bryce.
Dillon and Bufford are being cared for by the Boulder Police Department Animal Control Unit and other agencies.
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath