Why settle for a boring-old stop sign when you have a highly realistic sex doll on hand?
An unidentified elderly woman was getting fed up with drivers speeding past a crosswalk near her home in China, according to Car News China's interpretation of Chinese-language newspaper Tiexue. Local cops offered little help, so the resourceful granny tried slowing down drivers with the aid of a strategically positioned inflatable girlfriend.
She tied the counterfeit cutie to a tree next to the crosswalk, apparently hoping that rubbernecking motorists would slow down at the sight. Based on the photo, her tactic worked in at least one case.
Let's just hope the local police force doesn't make the same mistake as officers in China's Shandong Province. Last month, 18 officers spent almost an hour rescuing a blow-up doll from a river, mistakenly thinking it was a drowning woman.
Chinese cops aren't the only ones who take sex dolls seriously, though. In 2011, 18-year-old Tyell Morton almost received a prison sentence for a prank that involved placing a blow-up doll in the girl's bathroom at his Indiana high school.
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath