WENTWORTH, N.C.—A man who'd just been released from jail in northern North Carolina was arrested again for refusing to leave the jail after authorities wouldn't give him a ride to a motel.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that 37-year-old Rodney Dwayne Valentine was charged with trespassing.
Valentine was released from the Rockingham County jail Saturday morning after being behind bars since May 22. The sheriff's office says he asked them to drive him to a local motel and they refused. Deputies charged Valentine with second-degree trespassing when he had refused to leave the jail by Saturday afternoon.
He's being held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 9. It was not clear if he has a lawyer.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mummified 500-year-old Chinese official corpse unearthed
- Watton teen makes cancer recovery after using cannabis oil
- Kentucky town Lynch is near-abandoned after 100 years
- Obama press secretary Josh Earnest trashes President Trump
- Maryland girl faces charges for planning school shooting
- Manchester cyclist smashes car's windscreen with OWN BIKE
- Seahawks' Trevone Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Florida dog is covered with gift wrap
- NYPD cop prepare to sue boss for demanding threesome
- Millionaire gets rid of everything to live in Airbnbs
- Looming government shutdown facing Trump and House GOP
- Leading breast surgeon accused of unnecessary operations
- Father furious after cafe staff call wife a 'freak'
- California apartment building erupts in flames
- Bournemouth soldier 'stabbed his ex-girlfriend 11 times'
- Aaron Hernandez's older brother to testify at murder trial
- London terrorist's mother condemns his actions
- Online groomer caught by web vigilantes avoids jail
- Aaron Hernandez thought club promoters were 'snitches'
- Megyn Kelly enjoys fun in the sun on Hawaiian vacation
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal