An old woman has stunned family and friends after accomplishing a rather bizarre and daring quest to wing walk.
Betty Bromage is an 87-year-old woman who has been described as fearless.
The aged woman, a fearless pensioner, has become Britain’s oldest female to wing walk or stand on a moving plane
According to The Sun UK, Betty was strapped to the wings of a 1944 Boeing-Stearman biplane for the death-defying stunt.
Betty, who lives in a retirement home in Cheltenham, Glos, took to the skies at Gloucestershire Airport.
The pensioner raised over £1,100, with all the money going to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
She said: “I had a wonderful time, and being a retired nurse, am happy to support the Air Ambulance in their work that I have seen first hand.
“I am now looking for my next challenge.”
Margaret Winterbourne, who works at Betty’s home Abbeyfield House, said: “Betty enjoyed the exhilaration of her flight over the local countryside.
“Her family, friends and fellow residents looked on with apprehension, then relief when she landed safely and happily.”
Susie Godwin, fundraising manager for the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity in Gloucestershire, said: “This is a wonderful challenge that Betty Bromage undertook.
“We are very grateful to Betty, her family and friends for bringing in much needed funds to keep our Air Ambulance operational, 365 days a year, Saving Lives by Saving Time”.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kasich says Trump needs to work with Democrats
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- Daily Show's Trevor Noah mocks Queensland crocodile teen
- Woman killed two and injured another while high on drugs
- Australia's biggest dog Baron has qualified as a therapist
- Joan Crawford plot to kill Bette Davis' Oscar chances
- Trump didn't 'care' or 'know' about healthcare
- White House denies claim Trump gave Merkel $374B NATO bill
- The moment a flying sheet of ice destroys a windshield
- Two Australian men charged over $101 million ice bust
- Queenslanders ask category 4 Cyclone Debbie to bring it on
- Captain Cook's 1770 wine-stained vest goes up for sale
- Narre Warren woman attacked with an AXE at Westfield mall
- 'Everest has better web speed than parts of the UK'
- Coca-Cola diverts 'blame for obesity from sugar'
- Ted Koppel says Sean Hannity is bad for America on CBS
- Darwin rattled by 5.3 magnitude earthquake
- Sydney Trains boss warns terror attack is a real danger
- My prayers for jailed Marine, by former archbishop
- Leaving the EU will strengthen the union says PM
- Surfer, 23, misdiagnosed with asthma has tuberculosis
- London attacker Khalid Masood's friends reveal upbringing
- Detective claims Madeleine's abductor is being shielded
- Aunt raises three girls of her sister killed by a van
- When Joan Crawford met Mamacita: German immigrant maid
- Pete Evans hits back at Australian Medical Association
- One Nation’s Pauline Hanson to go on strike over sugar
- Sydney Greenpeace protest at Commonwealth Bank in CBD
- ISIS celebrate the Westminster terror attack to recruit
- Fears of a terror attack in London keep tourists away
- Sprint car driver, 42, killed in Florida speedway crash
- Nine in ten councils putting up tax bills next month
- Three arrested in alleged sexual assault case of child
- Trump supporter hits anti-fascist protester with MAGA flag
- Westminster killer's two daughters
- Westminster killer was flagged as a potential extremist
- Dog mourns death of his master who was gunned down
- Harry's in a hurry to move Meghan into his new home
- Transport officer drops to ground as man pulls out a gun
- Cameron aide's uber 'cover up'