An old woman has stunned family and friends after accomplishing a rather bizarre and daring quest to wing walk.
Betty Bromage is an 87-year-old woman who has been described as fearless.
The aged woman, a fearless pensioner, has become Britain’s oldest female to wing walk or stand on a moving plane
According to The Sun UK, Betty was strapped to the wings of a 1944 Boeing-Stearman biplane for the death-defying stunt.
Betty, who lives in a retirement home in Cheltenham, Glos, took to the skies at Gloucestershire Airport.
The pensioner raised over £1,100, with all the money going to Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
She said: “I had a wonderful time, and being a retired nurse, am happy to support the Air Ambulance in their work that I have seen first hand.
“I am now looking for my next challenge.”
Margaret Winterbourne, who works at Betty’s home Abbeyfield House, said: “Betty enjoyed the exhilaration of her flight over the local countryside.
“Her family, friends and fellow residents looked on with apprehension, then relief when she landed safely and happily.”
Susie Godwin, fundraising manager for the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity in Gloucestershire, said: “This is a wonderful challenge that Betty Bromage undertook.
“We are very grateful to Betty, her family and friends for bringing in much needed funds to keep our Air Ambulance operational, 365 days a year, Saving Lives by Saving Time”.
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath