A woman was spotted apparently reading her ELECTRICITY BILL in two hands while driving during rush hour on a motorway.
Raymond Sharkey, 47, was the passenger in a van on the M5 near Bristol when he claims he spotted a woman in her 40s and in ‘business dress’ flicking through a Southern Electric bill .
Despite allegedly hitting speeds of at least 40mph, Raymond claims the woman brazenly flicked through the bill, and she appears to hold it in both hands, only resting them on the wheel .
Raymond and his colleagues can be heard beeping their horn at the woman in the shocking footage, after which he claims she became ‘angry and agitated’ and proceeded to shout and swear at him for beeping at her.
Raymond, from North Cumbria, said: “I had to look twice when I saw her as I couldn’t believe my eyes.
The woman was spotted reading her electricity bill, says the van driver
“I just thought ‘oh my god’, what is she doing? It was a 50mph zone and we were probably going slower than that but you can see from the footage that we were not going slow.
“She was clearly reading her electricity bill. I could read the Southern Electric logo and name from where I was sat.
“Everyone in our van was totally shocked when I pointed it out. It just takes one idiot like this and it could have killed someone. It was unbelievable.
Van driver Richard says he was shocked to see the woman seemingly reading her electricity bill
“Lots of people do stuff like that when cars at a crawl and it is still dangerous then to be honest. But we were doing at least 40mph.
“I thought, I’m not having this, it’s wrong. There could have been a family broke down on the hard shoulder. She could have hit them, killed people. It is so irresponsible.”
As they passed the woman, Raymond pointed the woman out to his friend who was driving and he began honking their horn, which alerted the driver.
Raymond said: “She was clearly caught in the act. When she heard the horn beeping she looked up and then threw the bill down on the passenger seat to try to hide it. But it was too late, I thought ‘I’ve got you’.
Richard says the woman didn't try to hide what she was doing
“She was very shocked and became angry. She started sticking her two fingers up at me and mouthing swear words at me. She kept trying to keep up with us then in the traffic.
“I’ve no idea how long she had been reading it before we passed her and caught her.
"I must have watched her for 10 seconds before I alerted the others in the van and then I got my phone out.
“She probably read for another 30 seconds or so until I was able to film her and then it was the 15 seconds I got footage of too. So she was reading without watching the road for a long time.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal
- Boy, 7, who raised £41,000 to be buried next to mum dies
- Conman, 34, fleeced horse lovers out of £280,000
- PICTURED: Mother-of-two 'attacked with an axe by husband'
- Cyclone Debbie now Category 4 storm in Queensland
- Heavenly home! £650,000 chapel home has graveyard garden
- Britain's smallest house to be turned into hotel
- Is massive dam about to collapse and flood Raqqa?
- Chinese man is crushed to death between train and platform
- Trump says illegal border crossings are 'way down'
- Hizb Ut-Tahrir leader: Ex-Muslims should be put to death
- Physics student on walk is detained during Russian protest
- Conservative pundit Tomi Lahren axed from The Blaze
- Haunting images show everyday life in Magdalene Laundries
- Toddler visits beach for 1st time and can’t stop squealing
- Sydney bar Suey Sins accused of being 'racist and sexist'
- Couple demand apology after postman 'kicked' arthritic dog
- Hairdresser left with HUGE bruise after Menorca hotel fall
- Police search beneath M53 for body of missing man
- Ex-Royal Marine threw lover onto a pile of boxes
- Mother owns every £1 coin design ever made by Royal Mint