A woman was spotted apparently reading her ELECTRICITY BILL in two hands while driving during rush hour on a motorway.
Raymond Sharkey, 47, was the passenger in a van on the M5 near Bristol when he claims he spotted a woman in her 40s and in ‘business dress’ flicking through a Southern Electric bill .
Despite allegedly hitting speeds of at least 40mph, Raymond claims the woman brazenly flicked through the bill, and she appears to hold it in both hands, only resting them on the wheel .
Raymond and his colleagues can be heard beeping their horn at the woman in the shocking footage, after which he claims she became ‘angry and agitated’ and proceeded to shout and swear at him for beeping at her.
Raymond, from North Cumbria, said: “I had to look twice when I saw her as I couldn’t believe my eyes.
The woman was spotted reading her electricity bill, says the van driver
“I just thought ‘oh my god’, what is she doing? It was a 50mph zone and we were probably going slower than that but you can see from the footage that we were not going slow.
“She was clearly reading her electricity bill. I could read the Southern Electric logo and name from where I was sat.
“Everyone in our van was totally shocked when I pointed it out. It just takes one idiot like this and it could have killed someone. It was unbelievable.
Van driver Richard says he was shocked to see the woman seemingly reading her electricity bill
“Lots of people do stuff like that when cars at a crawl and it is still dangerous then to be honest. But we were doing at least 40mph.
“I thought, I’m not having this, it’s wrong. There could have been a family broke down on the hard shoulder. She could have hit them, killed people. It is so irresponsible.”
As they passed the woman, Raymond pointed the woman out to his friend who was driving and he began honking their horn, which alerted the driver.
Raymond said: “She was clearly caught in the act. When she heard the horn beeping she looked up and then threw the bill down on the passenger seat to try to hide it. But it was too late, I thought ‘I’ve got you’.
Richard says the woman didn't try to hide what she was doing
“She was very shocked and became angry. She started sticking her two fingers up at me and mouthing swear words at me. She kept trying to keep up with us then in the traffic.
“I’ve no idea how long she had been reading it before we passed her and caught her.
"I must have watched her for 10 seconds before I alerted the others in the van and then I got my phone out.
“She probably read for another 30 seconds or so until I was able to film her and then it was the 15 seconds I got footage of too. So she was reading without watching the road for a long time.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath