Young mum 'slashed across face by cheating ex-lover' who warned: 'I'll make sure another man never looks at you'
These are the appalling injuries suffered by a young mum after she was allegedly slashed from mouth to ear by her cheating ex-lover.
Siobhan Stevenson’s former partner allegedly kicked down her door and attacked her with two blades after she refused to take him back.
He then slashed her across the face, allegedly telling her he would 'make sure another man never looks at her', the Daily Record reported.
Siobhan was rushed to The Royal Alexandra Hospital, in Paisley, where she had three hours of emergency plastic surgery to stitch her face back together.
She said: “The surgeon told me he lost count of how many stitches he had put in my face, neck and shoulder.
“I just can’t believe he has done this. He told me he loved me and then did this, all just to make sure no one else could have me. He’s a monster.
“The police have told me I was lucky I’d moved my head the way I did when he swung at me because if not, the blade would have cut my throat.”
Siobhan broke things off with her alleged attacker when he told her he had cheated on her with her former friend.
But he then allegedly became enraged when she refused to rekindle their relationship.
Siobhan said: “I’d known him for more than 13 years and after talking on Facebook more last year, we started seeing each other and then began going out.
“He was lovely at first but then his behaviour changed and we fell out a lot. But then he would beg me to come back and forgive him.
“After a fall-out, he would buy me things like shoes and jackets worth hundreds of pounds.
“I felt like he was trying to buy me and I told him I just wanted him to treat me properly and love me. When he told me during an argument that he had cheated on me, I knew it was over and I wasn’t going back.”
After the attack, Siobhan took to Facebook to let other women know about her ordeal.
She said: “After I came out the hospital, I logged on to my Facebook. I started off by sharing the pictures of what was done to me so that everyone could see.
“I’ve been left scarred for life. From now on, every time I see my reflection I will remember what was done to me.”
Last night, a Crown Office spokesman confirmed that a 30-year-old man appeared at Glasgow High Court charged with assault to severe injury and permanent disfigurement.
He entered no plea and no declaration and the case has been committed for further examination.
He was remanded in custody and is expected to appear in court again next month.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mummified 500-year-old Chinese official corpse unearthed
- Watton teen makes cancer recovery after using cannabis oil
- Kentucky town Lynch is near-abandoned after 100 years
- Obama press secretary Josh Earnest trashes President Trump
- Maryland girl faces charges for planning school shooting
- Manchester cyclist smashes car's windscreen with OWN BIKE
- Seahawks' Trevone Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Florida dog is covered with gift wrap
- NYPD cop prepare to sue boss for demanding threesome
- Millionaire gets rid of everything to live in Airbnbs
- Looming government shutdown facing Trump and House GOP
- Leading breast surgeon accused of unnecessary operations
- Father furious after cafe staff call wife a 'freak'
- California apartment building erupts in flames
- Bournemouth soldier 'stabbed his ex-girlfriend 11 times'
- Aaron Hernandez's older brother to testify at murder trial
- London terrorist's mother condemns his actions
- Online groomer caught by web vigilantes avoids jail
- Aaron Hernandez thought club promoters were 'snitches'
- Megyn Kelly enjoys fun in the sun on Hawaiian vacation
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal