Young mum 'slashed across face by cheating ex-lover' who warned: 'I'll make sure another man never looks at you'
These are the appalling injuries suffered by a young mum after she was allegedly slashed from mouth to ear by her cheating ex-lover.
Siobhan Stevenson’s former partner allegedly kicked down her door and attacked her with two blades after she refused to take him back.
He then slashed her across the face, allegedly telling her he would 'make sure another man never looks at her', the Daily Record reported.
Siobhan was rushed to The Royal Alexandra Hospital, in Paisley, where she had three hours of emergency plastic surgery to stitch her face back together.
She said: “The surgeon told me he lost count of how many stitches he had put in my face, neck and shoulder.
“I just can’t believe he has done this. He told me he loved me and then did this, all just to make sure no one else could have me. He’s a monster.
“The police have told me I was lucky I’d moved my head the way I did when he swung at me because if not, the blade would have cut my throat.”
Siobhan broke things off with her alleged attacker when he told her he had cheated on her with her former friend.
But he then allegedly became enraged when she refused to rekindle their relationship.
Siobhan said: “I’d known him for more than 13 years and after talking on Facebook more last year, we started seeing each other and then began going out.
“He was lovely at first but then his behaviour changed and we fell out a lot. But then he would beg me to come back and forgive him.
“After a fall-out, he would buy me things like shoes and jackets worth hundreds of pounds.
“I felt like he was trying to buy me and I told him I just wanted him to treat me properly and love me. When he told me during an argument that he had cheated on me, I knew it was over and I wasn’t going back.”
After the attack, Siobhan took to Facebook to let other women know about her ordeal.
She said: “After I came out the hospital, I logged on to my Facebook. I started off by sharing the pictures of what was done to me so that everyone could see.
“I’ve been left scarred for life. From now on, every time I see my reflection I will remember what was done to me.”
Last night, a Crown Office spokesman confirmed that a 30-year-old man appeared at Glasgow High Court charged with assault to severe injury and permanent disfigurement.
He entered no plea and no declaration and the case has been committed for further examination.
He was remanded in custody and is expected to appear in court again next month.
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath