Alex Smith Injured In Rams-49ers Tie
Alex Smith left the game early after suffering a concussion as the Rams and 49ers played to a 24-24 tie, the first in the NFL since 2008.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two typically reliable kickers missed. Penalties doomed both sides. And a furious, thrilling finish to regulation ended with a dramatic dud in overtime: a tie.And nobody particularly likes a tie. Especially not the NFC West-leading 49ers, with a chance to separate themselves against a division rival. Or the Rams, eager to snap a three-game losing streak.San Francisco and St. Louis played the NFL's first tie game in four years as both teams missed overtime field goals in Sunday's 24-24 outcome."I have to say, I've been doing this a while. I don't think I've ever been in a game like this," Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. "As I told our guys, we had a number of chances to put the game away. And, unfortunately, we didn't."
Looking for more information on this game? Check out our blogs for Rapid Reaction.
• NFC West
Rams LT Wayne Hunter played after missing two games with a back injury. ... Fans spelled out "THANK YOU VETERANS" in the stands with shiny red, white and blue cards after the first quarter. A special military coin also was used for the pregame toss on Veterans Day.
Copyright by STATS LLC and The
Latest Nigeria News
- Dogs bark through gate but quickly back down when it opens
- Agriculture, homebuilders, and golf resisted water rule
- Pigeon flies straight into an oncoming car in Farnborough
- Luton officer who had sex with rape victim is thrown out
- THREE suns appear in the sky due to an optical illusion
- Web designer stole £100,000 from TV star boss's firm
- Neighbours bemused after sightings of a NAKED female clown
- Shopper got criminal record after picking up £20 note
- Male nurse 'secretly made videos of naked female patients'
- Viewers laugh at woman's video as she peels off face mask
- Wild elephants caught mating in infrared footage
- Mother says fellow parent sent racist texts to daughter
- DNA test shows Subway items may contain 50% chicken
- Hatton Garden raiders plotted raid 5 years earlier
- George W. Bush lashes out at 'racism' in the Trump era
- 17-year-old Rover 45 sells for less than price of a pint
- Pupils punished for sharing nude photo of school director
- Mom who adopted Filipino baby born without arms or legs
- Siblings fell to death as parent dropped them by accident
- Teen brothers 'smash up Girl Scout stand over $20 debt'
- Trevor Noah buys Manhattan penthouse for a cool $10million
- Adam Johnson girlfriend Stacey Flounders arrives at court
- Italian DJ takes his own life at Swiss suicide clinic
- MIT student wins College Jeopardy! with hilarious response
- Trump builds Marine One helipad at Mar-a-Lago club
- Thara John Memory 'sexually abused 2 women, 2 girls'
- Etna volcano erupts in eastern Sicily
- Jared and Kay Jewelers employees 'sexually harassed'
- Green pays £363MILLION to settle up the BHS pension scheme
- Council worker 'called his Muslim colleague a "raghead"'
- Trump denies 'major leak' problem in the White House
- BFI release home movie of super-rich family in Arbroath
- Footballer is cleared of bullying besotted girl into sex
- The SAS mission to destroy Argentinian Exocet missiles
- Fly-tippers dump a CARAVAN on a rural roadside
- Jon Stewart tells the media to end obsession with Trump
- UFO believers go nuts over Tasmania 'fireball' video
- Father, 34, dies after he was stabbed in the heart
- 'Cannibal' frat boy cries in unaired Dr. Phil interview
- Kate McCann branded 'a dreadful mother' by Karen Matthews