A five-year-old boy has died after being accidentally strangled by the family dog.
John Bruno of Warrington, Pennsylvania was playing outside last Wednesday afternoon when his dog, a 1-year-old hound mix, started pulling on his scarf until he passed out.
Bruno's mother was inside at the time and when she looked outside to check on her son, she found him face down on the ground with the dog continuing to pull on the garment.
Five-year-old John Bruno died on Saturday, three days after the family dog strangled him by pulling at his scarf
Bruno is pictured above in a family photo with a dog. It's unclear if the dog in the picture is the dog responsible for the tragic accident
She rushed outside and brought him in, but he was already unconscious and unresponsive.
She then called for help, and the was taken to Doyleston Hospital, before later being transferred to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
It was at the Children's Hospital that he died on Saturday.
The official cause of death was a ligature strangulation, according to a spokesman for the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office who spoke with Philly.com. The death was ruled accidental.
A friend set up a Go Fund Me account to help raise money for the family's funeral costs.
'[John's] smile and boundless energy was electric. He loved Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Superheroes and being silly. Above all else John loved his mom, dad, and big sister,' the site stated.