- Former officer performed occult sacrifices on homeless victims in Russian forest
- Arsen Bairambekov had worked as a police officer in Dagestan before the killings
- Police said that the 35-year-old tried to bring vagrants back to life as 'zombies'
A former police office who brutally murdered six homeless men because he wanted to see if they would turn into zombies has been jailed.
Arsen Bayrambekov abducted victims from the city of Yekaterinburg in Russia's Sverdlovsk Oblast region before slaying them and trying to resurrect them during occult rituals.
The 35-year-old worked as a policeman in his daytime job before carrying out his crimes at night in a bid to create 'zomby slaves'.
Arsen Bayrambekov (pictured) brutally murdered six homeless men because he wanted to see if they would turn into zombies
Arsen Bayrambekov (pictured) abducted victims from the city of Yekaterinburg in Russia's Sverdlovsk Oblast region before slaying them and trying to resurrect them during occult rituals
The self-confessed Satanist, who reportedly advertised himself online as an expert in black magic, took them to 'Ganya's Pit' - a spot close to the nearby village of Koptyaki, where the Bolsheviks threw the bodies of Tsar Nicholas ll and his family in 1918.
It is believed he then killed them with a knife before performing rituals with their blood.
He then buried the bodies in a particular way before trying to resurrect them to create zombies.
Police were alerted to the crimes after an anonymous tip-off after the killer boasted to other Satanists about what he had done.
Arsen Bairambekov lured the vagrants with free alcohol to a makeshift altar and bonfire in woodlands in Verkhnyaya Pyshma at night-time
The 35-year-old worked as a policeman in his daytime job before carrying out his crimes at night in a bid to create 'zomby slaves'
They completed a search of the area and found the evidence and bodies of the sickening slayings.
Bayrambekov admitted the killings and many feared he would escape a prison sentence because he had tried to make a deal with the prosecution, claiming he was not in his right mind.
But judges sent him for a psychiatric evaluation with experts eventually ruling that Bayrambekov was sane enough to be able to answer for his actions.
He was sentenced to 13 years and 2 months behind bars and ordered to pay 900,000 RUB (£12,510) to the families of the murdered men.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kasich says Trump needs to work with Democrats
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- Daily Show's Trevor Noah mocks Queensland crocodile teen
- Woman killed two and injured another while high on drugs
- Australia's biggest dog Baron has qualified as a therapist
- Joan Crawford plot to kill Bette Davis' Oscar chances
- Trump didn't 'care' or 'know' about healthcare
- White House denies claim Trump gave Merkel $374B NATO bill
- The moment a flying sheet of ice destroys a windshield
- Two Australian men charged over $101 million ice bust
- Queenslanders ask category 4 Cyclone Debbie to bring it on
- Captain Cook's 1770 wine-stained vest goes up for sale
- Narre Warren woman attacked with an AXE at Westfield mall
- 'Everest has better web speed than parts of the UK'
- Coca-Cola diverts 'blame for obesity from sugar'
- Ted Koppel says Sean Hannity is bad for America on CBS
- Darwin rattled by 5.3 magnitude earthquake
- Sydney Trains boss warns terror attack is a real danger
- My prayers for jailed Marine, by former archbishop
- Leaving the EU will strengthen the union says PM
- Surfer, 23, misdiagnosed with asthma has tuberculosis
- London attacker Khalid Masood's friends reveal upbringing
- Detective claims Madeleine's abductor is being shielded
- Aunt raises three girls of her sister killed by a van
- When Joan Crawford met Mamacita: German immigrant maid
- Pete Evans hits back at Australian Medical Association
- One Nation’s Pauline Hanson to go on strike over sugar
- Sydney Greenpeace protest at Commonwealth Bank in CBD
- ISIS celebrate the Westminster terror attack to recruit
- Fears of a terror attack in London keep tourists away
- Sprint car driver, 42, killed in Florida speedway crash
- Nine in ten councils putting up tax bills next month
- Three arrested in alleged sexual assault case of child
- Trump supporter hits anti-fascist protester with MAGA flag
- Westminster killer's two daughters
- Westminster killer was flagged as a potential extremist
- Dog mourns death of his master who was gunned down
- Harry's in a hurry to move Meghan into his new home
- Transport officer drops to ground as man pulls out a gun
- Cameron aide's uber 'cover up'