- Former officer performed occult sacrifices on homeless victims in Russian forest
- Arsen Bairambekov had worked as a police officer in Dagestan before the killings
- Police said that the 35-year-old tried to bring vagrants back to life as 'zombies'
A former police office who brutally murdered six homeless men because he wanted to see if they would turn into zombies has been jailed.
Arsen Bayrambekov abducted victims from the city of Yekaterinburg in Russia's Sverdlovsk Oblast region before slaying them and trying to resurrect them during occult rituals.
The 35-year-old worked as a policeman in his daytime job before carrying out his crimes at night in a bid to create 'zomby slaves'.
Arsen Bayrambekov (pictured) brutally murdered six homeless men because he wanted to see if they would turn into zombies
Arsen Bayrambekov (pictured) abducted victims from the city of Yekaterinburg in Russia's Sverdlovsk Oblast region before slaying them and trying to resurrect them during occult rituals
The self-confessed Satanist, who reportedly advertised himself online as an expert in black magic, took them to 'Ganya's Pit' - a spot close to the nearby village of Koptyaki, where the Bolsheviks threw the bodies of Tsar Nicholas ll and his family in 1918.
It is believed he then killed them with a knife before performing rituals with their blood.
He then buried the bodies in a particular way before trying to resurrect them to create zombies.
Police were alerted to the crimes after an anonymous tip-off after the killer boasted to other Satanists about what he had done.
Arsen Bairambekov lured the vagrants with free alcohol to a makeshift altar and bonfire in woodlands in Verkhnyaya Pyshma at night-time
The 35-year-old worked as a policeman in his daytime job before carrying out his crimes at night in a bid to create 'zomby slaves'
They completed a search of the area and found the evidence and bodies of the sickening slayings.
Bayrambekov admitted the killings and many feared he would escape a prison sentence because he had tried to make a deal with the prosecution, claiming he was not in his right mind.
But judges sent him for a psychiatric evaluation with experts eventually ruling that Bayrambekov was sane enough to be able to answer for his actions.
He was sentenced to 13 years and 2 months behind bars and ordered to pay 900,000 RUB (£12,510) to the families of the murdered men.
Latest Nigeria News
- Steve Bannon won't be charged in Florida vote probe
- Israel approves first West Bank settlement since 1999
- What was Cleggy doing whispering on the front bench?
- Education Secretary says Grammars will help deprived
- Major review into car insurance launched after backlash
- DNA database is made up of sex worker samples
- Longer waits for hip operations, warns NHS boss
- Melbourne church destroyed in suspicious fire
- Sherri Papini 'blamed her mom for self-harm in 2003'
- South Sudanese students told to take out braids from hair
- 'Spitting woman' of Manhattan arrested
- Ivanka Trump back in NYC after White House uproar
- The best way to end revenge porn is to stop posing nude
- Michael Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe
- Michelle Obama spends day with Native students
- Woman was 'punched and kicked in the back of an Uber'
- Oxford to display more portraits of women after protests
- Oklahoma break-in getaway driver abandoned friends
- Senate's blue wall begins to crumble on Gorsuch vote
- Melbourne pensioner wins right for more welfare benefits
- Teen arrested after 'missing' girl found safe by police
- James Comey's Twitter account is allegedly discovered
- Judge Napolitano returns to Fox after being benched
- Charter of Fundamental Right set to be ditched in Brexit
- Cyclone Debbie flooding NSW and Queensland
- Alabama teen banned from taking grandmother to prom
- Dirty secrets of laundromat: Illicit roubles in London
- Nicola Sturgeon photo similar to Thatcher picture
- Holidaymakers in the Caribbean verbally abuse hotel staff
- Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury calls Trump a Good Samaritan
- Columbia man arrested 6 years after mother was murdered
- Trump names and shames right-wing rebel Republicans
- Penn St trustee slams Sandusky's 'so-called' abuse victims
- Woman, 85, survived FIVE DAYS in the Colorado wilderness
- Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
- Oldest tattooed couple from Florida are 90 per cent inked
- Roger Daltrey says a 'dead dog' would have beaten Clinton
- FBI pictures reveal aftermath of 9/11 attack on Pentagon
- Professor is disgusted by man who gave seat to soldier
- Couple 'regularly' left their baby in the bath