You’ve probably heard about the gospel of coconut oil and we’re here to confirm that it’s true.
Coconut oil is definitely one of nature’s best gifts to us, and there are endless ways to use coconut oil in your daily life. Asides the fact that it is organic and healthy, it is also great for skin care.
Here are eight ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine.
1. Coconut oil can be used as a hair mask
After shampooing, run a generous amount of oil through your wet hair strands and then let it sit for five minutes before you rinse. This would help to add moisture to your hair, and keep it healthy, shiny and bouncy.
2. Coconut Oil can be used as a body oil
Tired of buying expensive body creams who seem to provide no solutions? Coconut oil is the perfect solution for all your skin problems. The creamy texture of the oil makes it perfect for moisturising. The best way to get results is to apply it gently while your skin is still slightly damp. It will make your skin smooth and supple and leave you smelling amazing all day.
3. Coconut Oil can be used as lip balm
Want succulent lips? Coconut oil is just the thing you need. Dry chapped lips do not stand a chance against coconut oil. It is very hydrating and long lasting. Lightly apply a small amount of oil, rub it in with your finger and you’re good to go!
4. Coconut Oil can be used as a cuticle softener
Use coconut oil to soften your cuticles and say bye to ugly looking cuticles. On manicure day, make sure you include coconut oil in your routine to get amazing results. All you have to do is rub a small amount into your cuticles. The coconut oil will help strengthen your nails and leave your hands looking more beautiful and healthy.
5. Coconut Oil can be used as under eye cream
The skin under your eyes is very delicate and tender. Applying coconut oil gently to this area, every night before bed would help to prevent fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles.
6. Coconut Oil can be used as a natural skin highlighter
Who says you have to wear makeup to glow? To make your face glow naturally, dab a little coconut oil on the top of your cheekbones. It will leave you shining radiantly.
7. Coconut Oil can be used as body scrub
A mixture of coconut oil and sea salt or sugar is a great exfoliator. All you have to do is rub the scrub all over your skin. This will remove dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling baby soft.
8. Coconut Oil can be used as shaving cream
Ran out of shaving cream? Coconut oil to the rescue! All you have to do is rub the oil onto your legs before shaving. The razor will glide smoothly, allowing for a neat shave and your legs will be moisturised from the oil in the process.
Latest Nigeria News
- Scaffolder's nose sliced by London terrorist Khalid Masood
- Schoolgirl missing with older man in Melbourne
- Cops eye 50 teens in Sydney Cranbrook School rape case
- Cessna plane crashes near a home in Atlanta suburb
- Hillary Clinton celebrates demise of Trumpcare on Twitter
- Mom-of-two delivers one-pound baby before dying of cancer
- The truth about the missing black girls who vanished in DC
- Sydney house prices rising second fastest in the world
- Newborns Romeo and Juliet pose for their first photoshoot
- UC Berkeley philosophy professor 'groped female assistant'
- Sydney police officer trapped inside car after crash
- Vietnamese sandwich shop is roasted for 'homophobic' menu
- Westpac's Martyn Wild resigns over misconduct allegations
- To ordinary Britons Martin McGuinness was a murdering thug
- David Cameron and Boris Johnson leave NY restaurant
- Cadbury's chocolate bars facing further cuts to their size
- Boston woman's stolen wallet returned with cash inside
- Queensland cyclone to be upgraded to Category 4
- Is this why Sydney is no longer a top holiday spot?
- London attacker Masood's first wife was terrified of him
- Francois Fillon's British wife ‘helped forge documents'
- Cheer yourself up with these words by Lakeland shepherd
- The Secret Life Of The Zoo gives insight into elephants
- Crocodile that mauled Queensland's Lee De Paauw captured
- Oregon woman sexually assaulted passenger on flight
- Belinda Van Krevel would swap her quiet life for jail cell
- Vigil held for boy mauled by Pitbull in Murray River
- Democrats mock House Republicans for healthcare failure
- Wisconsin woman filmed after drug overdose speaks out
- FBI expand search to Georgetown county for Drexel case
- London terror: JustGiving will skim 5% from hero's page
- Illegal immigrant 'strangled woman to death in her home'
- Questions on who will inherit Zara founders fashion empire
- NY movie producer claims vixen conned him out of $1.2m
- Police shoot homeless man threatening kids in Baltimore
- How the life of the London terror attacker changed
- London terror: Fourth victim's family say he was broken
- Badly behaved pupils are kept hidden from Ofsted
- Prankster makes plea for a 12-foot statue of Paul Walker
- Refugee advocate in her 60s marries asylum seeker, 31