- Stephen Roger Williams, 42, tried to kill fellow prisoner Nikki Roper in December
- He chocked and stomped on him, stabbed him with a lightbulb and broom
- The New Zealand man beat his six-year-old stepdaughter to death in 2003
- Roper, 27, is serving a life sentence for murdering mother Alexsis Tovizi
A child killer with face and neck tattoos now has 97 convictions after he stabbed another murderer in the neck with a lightbulb.
Stephen Roger Williams, 42, choked Nikki Roper and stomped on his head after stabbing the fellow prisoner with a lightbulb and broken broom handle at Auckland Prison in December last year.
He had planned the murder for a month, and 'expressed regret and disappointment' when he found out Roper survived, the court heard, NZ Herald and Stuff reported.
Stephen Roger Williams, 42, choked Nikki Roper and stomped on his head after stabbing the fellow prisoner with a lightbulb and broken broom handle
Nikki Roper survived the attack on his life at Auckland Prison in December last year
The court heard Williams didn't like Roper because he thought he was a 'nark'.
He believed Roper had 'snitched' on him, the court heard.
Williams carried out the attack to ensure he stayed behind bars for the rest of his life, as 'punishment' to atone for the 2003 murder of his stepdaughter.
He had beat six-year-old Coral Burrows to death and dumped her body.
He was sentenced to life in prison with a non-parole period of 17 years.
In 2003, Williams beat his stepdaughter, six-year-old Coral Burrows (pictured), to death
Roper, 27, murdered Christchurch mother Alexsis Tovizi in 2010 and is serving a life sentence with a non-parole period of 14 years
On Tuesday, Williams was sentenced to 10 years and preventative detention, to be served concurrently with his murder sentence.
The court heard Williams now has 97 convictions.
Roper, 27, murdered Christchurch mother Alexsis Tovizi in 2010 and is serving a life sentence with a non-parole period of 14 years.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kasich says Trump needs to work with Democrats
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- Daily Show's Trevor Noah mocks Queensland crocodile teen
- Woman killed two and injured another while high on drugs
- Australia's biggest dog Baron has qualified as a therapist
- Joan Crawford plot to kill Bette Davis' Oscar chances
- Trump didn't 'care' or 'know' about healthcare
- White House denies claim Trump gave Merkel $374B NATO bill
- The moment a flying sheet of ice destroys a windshield
- Two Australian men charged over $101 million ice bust
- Queenslanders ask category 4 Cyclone Debbie to bring it on
- Captain Cook's 1770 wine-stained vest goes up for sale
- Narre Warren woman attacked with an AXE at Westfield mall
- 'Everest has better web speed than parts of the UK'
- Coca-Cola diverts 'blame for obesity from sugar'
- Ted Koppel says Sean Hannity is bad for America on CBS
- Darwin rattled by 5.3 magnitude earthquake
- Sydney Trains boss warns terror attack is a real danger
- My prayers for jailed Marine, by former archbishop
- Leaving the EU will strengthen the union says PM
- Surfer, 23, misdiagnosed with asthma has tuberculosis
- London attacker Khalid Masood's friends reveal upbringing
- Detective claims Madeleine's abductor is being shielded
- Aunt raises three girls of her sister killed by a van
- When Joan Crawford met Mamacita: German immigrant maid
- Pete Evans hits back at Australian Medical Association
- One Nation’s Pauline Hanson to go on strike over sugar
- Sydney Greenpeace protest at Commonwealth Bank in CBD
- ISIS celebrate the Westminster terror attack to recruit
- Fears of a terror attack in London keep tourists away
- Sprint car driver, 42, killed in Florida speedway crash
- Nine in ten councils putting up tax bills next month
- Three arrested in alleged sexual assault case of child
- Trump supporter hits anti-fascist protester with MAGA flag
- Westminster killer's two daughters
- Westminster killer was flagged as a potential extremist
- Dog mourns death of his master who was gunned down
- Harry's in a hurry to move Meghan into his new home
- Transport officer drops to ground as man pulls out a gun
- Cameron aide's uber 'cover up'