- The only surviving member of the Lin family will break her silence this weekend
- Brenda Lin was overseas when her parents, brothers and aunt were murdered
- They were bludgeoned to death in their home in North Epping, Sydney
- Last week her uncle Robert Xie was sentenced to life in prison for the killings
- Xie, 53, sexually assaulted Ms Lin before and after the brutal slaying
The young woman at the centre of the Lin family murders has spoken out for the first time since her parents, brothers, and aunt were slain, revealing the 'sexual motive' for her uncle's horrific crime.
Brenda Lin is the niece of Robert Xie, 53, who was last week sentenced to life in prison over the murder of his newsagent brother-in-law Min Lin, 45 his wife Lily, 43, the couple's sons Henry, 12, and Terry, 9, and Lilys 39-year-old sister Irene.
The family were found bludgeoned to death in the bedrooms of their home in the Sydney suburb of North Epping early on July 18, 2009.
This weekend, Ms Lin will break her silence and reveal the 'sexual motive' behind her uncle's horrific crimes.
The only surviving member of her family, she will detail in an interview with Channel Seven's Sunday Night program how Xie touched her inappropriately before her family was killed and how the assaults escalated after they were murdered, Fairfax reported.
Brenda Lin has broken her silence on the horrific murder of her family in 2009
Robert Xie, 53, who was last week sentenced to life in prison over the murders
Ms Lin, who is now in her 20s, spoke of her torment and suffering in a devastating victim impact statement read out at court during Xie's sentencing hearing last week.
Throughout the lengthy murder trial her identity was suppressed, but in agreeing to speak to Channel 7 her full story can now be revealed.
'It has been 7½ years since I have lost my family. That's seven-and-a-half years without a loving mother, seven-and-a-half years without a loving father,''she said.
'Seven-and-a-half years without two exuberant brothers who were my best and closest friends and seven-and-a-half years without an extremely kind aunt.
'In this time I have finished my HSC, was accepted into uni, got my first part-time job and learnt to drive. But I have achieved all these things without my family beside me.
'These inherently happy moments are now at most bittersweet, they have now become a painful reminder of the family I have lost and I will never see again.'
Justice Fullerton said during Xie's trial the 'brutal and calculated, murderous violence is a course of offending that can only be described as heinous in the extreme'.
The court also heard that Xie touched Ms Lin inappropriately and the assaults became more frequent after she had to move into his home after the killings. The court heard Xie assaulted Ms Lin up until he was charged with her family's murders in 2011.
During the trial prosecutors made the argument that one Xie's motives was having full access to the young woman once her family was out of the way.
Ms Lin (centre) has revealed how Xie sexually assaulted her before and after the murders
During the trial prosecutors made the argument that one Xie's (pictured) motives was having full access to the young woman once her family was out of the way
Ms Lin's parents Min Lin, 45 his wife Lily, 43, were murdered at their home by Xie
The couple's two sons Henry, 12, and Terry, 9, along with their aunt Lily were also killed
Ms Lin was overseas on a school trip to New Caledonia when her family was murdered, and evidence that suggested the killer knew the family's movements and the layout of the home was presented in court.
She lived with Xie and his wife Kathy Lin after the murders. Kathy Lin maintained her husband's innocence throughout the trial and in turn grew distant from her parents, Ms Lin's grandparents.
On Sunday the young woman will tell of her trauma after her family was killed, and the abuse she suffered at the hands of her uncle.
'He was someone I trusted, as a person who isn't a murderer', she tells Sunday Night.
'I'd give anything to have my family back.'
Sunday Night airs on Sunday evening at 8.30pm on Channel Seven.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mummified 500-year-old Chinese official corpse unearthed
- Watton teen makes cancer recovery after using cannabis oil
- Kentucky town Lynch is near-abandoned after 100 years
- Obama press secretary Josh Earnest trashes President Trump
- Maryland girl faces charges for planning school shooting
- Manchester cyclist smashes car's windscreen with OWN BIKE
- Seahawks' Trevone Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Florida dog is covered with gift wrap
- NYPD cop prepare to sue boss for demanding threesome
- Millionaire gets rid of everything to live in Airbnbs
- Looming government shutdown facing Trump and House GOP
- Leading breast surgeon accused of unnecessary operations
- Father furious after cafe staff call wife a 'freak'
- California apartment building erupts in flames
- Bournemouth soldier 'stabbed his ex-girlfriend 11 times'
- Aaron Hernandez's older brother to testify at murder trial
- London terrorist's mother condemns his actions
- Online groomer caught by web vigilantes avoids jail
- Aaron Hernandez thought club promoters were 'snitches'
- Megyn Kelly enjoys fun in the sun on Hawaiian vacation
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal