New Jersey teen who cops say strangled 19-year-old Sarah Stern allegedly called accomplice before and after slaying
A New Jersey teen accused of killing a 19-year-old woman called an alleged accomplice before the murder as well as after, the friend told detectives.
Preston Taylor said that Liam McAtasney contacted him before the slaying of Sarah Stern in December, according to the Asbury Park Press. All three lived in Neptune City and were pals, with Taylor even taking Stern to the junior prom.
Prosecutors say that Taylor confessed to dumping Sarah Stern's body after McAtasney strangled her.
McAtasney called Taylor after he killed Stern and asked him to hide her body, according to prosecutors. Taylor allegedly hid the body behind bushes, and the two later returned and put her body in the front seat of her car. They then met at a bridge in Belmar and the two threw her body into the river, according to prosecutor Meghan Doyle said. Stern's body has not yet been found.
Investigators say McAtasney had planned Stern's murder for six months. Taylor's lawyer John Perrone said that his client tried to talk McAtasney out of killing Stern, but Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle said that investigators found no evidence of that.
The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office determined that Taylor provided help to McAtasney "in moving and ultimately disposing of Stern's body in order to avoid detection."
Taylor, 19, has been charged with conspiracy, hindering apprehension and disposal of human remains. McAtasney, also 19, is facing charges of first-degree murder, felony murder, conspiracy, hindering apprehension and disposal of human remains.
Stern was last seen alive on Dec. 2. Both Taylor and McAtasney were among the nearly 100 people who volunteered to help search for Stern in the area surrounding the Shark River inlet after her car was found on the bridge in December.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mummified 500-year-old Chinese official corpse unearthed
- Watton teen makes cancer recovery after using cannabis oil
- Kentucky town Lynch is near-abandoned after 100 years
- Obama press secretary Josh Earnest trashes President Trump
- Maryland girl faces charges for planning school shooting
- Manchester cyclist smashes car's windscreen with OWN BIKE
- Seahawks' Trevone Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Florida dog is covered with gift wrap
- NYPD cop prepare to sue boss for demanding threesome
- Millionaire gets rid of everything to live in Airbnbs
- Looming government shutdown facing Trump and House GOP
- Leading breast surgeon accused of unnecessary operations
- Father furious after cafe staff call wife a 'freak'
- California apartment building erupts in flames
- Bournemouth soldier 'stabbed his ex-girlfriend 11 times'
- Aaron Hernandez's older brother to testify at murder trial
- London terrorist's mother condemns his actions
- Online groomer caught by web vigilantes avoids jail
- Aaron Hernandez thought club promoters were 'snitches'
- Megyn Kelly enjoys fun in the sun on Hawaiian vacation
- Music teacher and mom-of-five murdered in her home
- Two drivers hurl litter at each other in Scotland
- Jared Kushner will speak to Senate about Russian contacts
- Heart-warming moment seals return to the sea in Cornwall
- London terror attacker tried to run somebody over in 1990s
- Liar tricked terminal patient into thinking she could live
- PM vows Brexit will make UK STRONGER as she meets Sturgeon
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- Massive gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum
- Truck kills three as it runs into group of schoolchildren
- Crenshaw family die in Cessna crash amid Disney World trip
- Marvel unveils lesbian Latina superhero America Chaves
- Sanford shooting spree in Florida sees woman dead
- Polish tree Jewish brothers hide inside named tree of year
- Mother-of-two and her daughter died in a house fire
- Doc doubled girl’s anti-depressants a month before suicide
- Police spy on motorists from the top deck of buses
- Call for 'back door' into messages is branded 'impossible'
- Dinosaur tracks found in 'Australia's Jurassic Park'
- France seeks a THIRD life sentence for Carlos the Jackal