- Gina Caze 'teased' daughter Nakia Venant as she watched her suicide broadcast
- Venant, 14, was found hanged from a shower door in a foster home on January 22
- The teen, of Miami, had live-streamed for hours before her death on Facebook
- Caze had her daughter taken from her due to physical abuse concerns in 2009
- She 'wrote that Venant was a "custody" gangster and she was seeking attention'
- The mother denied she made the comments, saying she was offline at the time
The mother of a Florida girl who streamed her suicide on Facebook Live has been accused of watching as her daughter killed herself and mocking her with messages on the post suggesting she was seeking attention and crying wolf.
Gina Caze did nothing to stop her daughter Nakia Venant, 14, from committing suicide as the foster child broadcast her death in Miami in late January, a damning report from a child services department says.
The Florida Department of Children and Families said Cazec even criticized her daughter as she watched the two-hour long Facebook Live video, calling Venant a 'custody jit' and and that she was a 'crying wolf...seeking attention', the department said Monday.
Caze had a troublesome relationship with her daughter, as Venant was taken away from her due to physical abuse concerns.
But the mother has strenuously denied she made the comments as she watched her daughter die.
Gina Caze (right) did nothing to stop her daughter Nakia Venant, 14, (left) from committing suicide as the foster child broadcast on Facebook her death-by-suicide in Miami in late January, a damning report released on Monday alleges
Caze is accused of mocking her daughter as she watched the two-hour long Facebook Live video, calling Venant a 'custody jit' and that she was 'crying wolf...seeking attention'
Venant was living with a foster family at the time of her death and was found hanged from the door frame in the bathroom, by Miami-Dade police.
The comments to Venant were made from Caze's Facebook account with the user name Gina Alexis, reported Tampa Bay Times.
One of the messages left said: '#ADHD games played u sad little DCF custody jit that's why u where u at for this dumb s--t n more u keep crying wolf u dead u will get buried life goes on after a jit that doesn't listen to there parents trying to be grown seeking boys and girls attention instead of her books.'
The 14-year-old's short life was riddled with stints in foster homes, after she was taken away from Caze in 2009 because there were concerns that Venant was being physically abused by her mother.
Venant was living with a foster family at the time of her death and was found hanged from the door frame in the bathroom. Her friend saw the broadcast online and alerted police, but by the time they arrived, the seventh-grader had died
Caze had a troublesome relationship with her daughter but denied the comments came from her, insisting that she was offline when the messages were posted
Following her removal from Caze's care, Venant was in foster care for 28 months over the course of eight years. At one point she was passed around to 14 different homes in the span of 16 months.
The DCF claim that she displayed inappropriate sexual behavior and that she admitted in a therapy session that she had seen pornographic videos and slept in the same room as Caze's boyfriends.
In 2010 she was placed back in the care of Caze, only to be removed in 2014, but was then later returned after social workers insisted it was for the best.
A year later, her mother relinquished custody, saying that she no longer wanted the teenager but remained in contact with her through social media sites.
Nakia's mother wrote on Facebook that her daughter had known her share of problems, including run-ins with the law and schools expulsions. She was in 14 different foster homes in a 16-month period
On January 22, Venant decided to take to Facebook Live as she hanged herself in the bathroom.
One of the girl's friends told the Miami Herald she saw some of Venant's two-hour livestream and called Miami-Dade police, who responded to her house.
She then gave them a wrong address in Miami, reported the Miami Herald. When police showed up there, residents gave them the address of Venant's foster home in the suburb of Miami Gardens.
Officers found the 14-year-old hanging from a scarf fashioned into a noose around her neck and tried to resuscitate her, but without success.
The DCF claim that she displayed inappropriate sexual behavior and that she admitted in a therapy session that she had seen pornographic videos and slept in the same room as Caze's boyfriends
Venant was then rushed to Jackson North Hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead.
According to a brief incident report released by the DCF to the Herald, Venant tied her scarf to a 'shower glass door frame' for the purpose of killing herself just after 3am.
The girl's foster parents were asleep in their bed at the time of the incident, the paper reported.
Venant's livestreamed death was just three weeks after another girl, 12-year-old Katelyn Nicole Davis, of Georgia, broadcast her own self-inflicted hanging on Facebook, claiming she had been sexually abused by a relative.
Similar circumstances: On December 30, Katelyn Nicole Davis (pictured), 12, of Georgia, broadcast her own suicide-by-hanging on Facebook
Nakia Venant was a native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and was enrolled in the seventh grade at Young Women's Preparatory Academy. She is survived by a younger brother.
As news of Nakia's death spread online, dozens of people took to her Facebook page, under the user name 'HotHead Nikee,' to express their condolences and pay tribute to her all-too-brief life.
Among the mourners was Caze and shed light on the girl's turbulent childhood.
'I was showing you tough love when u misbehaved,' she wrote, claiming that Nakia had gone to jail twice, got expelled from two or three schools, had sex, smoked marijuana and drank alcohol.
'You wasn't supposed to even have access to Internet as part of your case,' she went on to say of Nakia. 'The system has failed us......'
Based on her social media history, Nakia was a prolific Facebook user.
One of her last status updates appeared on her page on the eve of her suicide. Chillingly, the message read: 'Need Plans For Tmr #CommentsSuggestions'
If you need to speak to a counselor, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 1 (800) 273-8255.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kasich says Trump needs to work with Democrats
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- Daily Show's Trevor Noah mocks Queensland crocodile teen
- Woman killed two and injured another while high on drugs
- Australia's biggest dog Baron has qualified as a therapist
- Joan Crawford plot to kill Bette Davis' Oscar chances
- Trump didn't 'care' or 'know' about healthcare
- White House denies claim Trump gave Merkel $374B NATO bill
- The moment a flying sheet of ice destroys a windshield
- Two Australian men charged over $101 million ice bust
- Queenslanders ask category 4 Cyclone Debbie to bring it on
- Captain Cook's 1770 wine-stained vest goes up for sale
- Narre Warren woman attacked with an AXE at Westfield mall
- 'Everest has better web speed than parts of the UK'
- Coca-Cola diverts 'blame for obesity from sugar'
- Ted Koppel says Sean Hannity is bad for America on CBS
- Darwin rattled by 5.3 magnitude earthquake
- Sydney Trains boss warns terror attack is a real danger
- My prayers for jailed Marine, by former archbishop
- Leaving the EU will strengthen the union says PM
- Surfer, 23, misdiagnosed with asthma has tuberculosis
- London attacker Khalid Masood's friends reveal upbringing
- Detective claims Madeleine's abductor is being shielded
- Aunt raises three girls of her sister killed by a van
- When Joan Crawford met Mamacita: German immigrant maid
- Pete Evans hits back at Australian Medical Association
- One Nation’s Pauline Hanson to go on strike over sugar
- Sydney Greenpeace protest at Commonwealth Bank in CBD
- ISIS celebrate the Westminster terror attack to recruit
- Fears of a terror attack in London keep tourists away
- Sprint car driver, 42, killed in Florida speedway crash
- Nine in ten councils putting up tax bills next month
- Three arrested in alleged sexual assault case of child
- Trump supporter hits anti-fascist protester with MAGA flag
- Westminster killer's two daughters
- Westminster killer was flagged as a potential extremist
- Dog mourns death of his master who was gunned down
- Harry's in a hurry to move Meghan into his new home
- Transport officer drops to ground as man pulls out a gun
- Cameron aide's uber 'cover up'