Microsoft, which just bought patents from AOL for $1 billion, is now turning around and selling most of them to Facebook for $550 million.
Microsoft and Facebook said Monday that Facebook is buying about 650 of the 925 AOL patents and patent applications Microsoft bought.
Facebook will also get a license to use the rest of the AOL Inc. patents. Similarly, Microsoft Corp. will get a license to use the patents Facebook is buying. This part of the arrangement amounts to an agreement between Facebook and Microsoft not to sue each other over any of the AOL patents.
Microsoft says the deal enables it to recoup half the cost of the AOL deal while reaching its goals for the purchase.
Latest Nigeria News
- Scaffolder's nose sliced by London terrorist Khalid Masood
- Schoolgirl missing with older man in Melbourne
- Cops eye 50 teens in Sydney Cranbrook School rape case
- Cessna plane crashes near a home in Atlanta suburb
- Hillary Clinton celebrates demise of Trumpcare on Twitter
- Mom-of-two delivers one-pound baby before dying of cancer
- The truth about the missing black girls who vanished in DC
- Sydney house prices rising second fastest in the world
- Newborns Romeo and Juliet pose for their first photoshoot
- UC Berkeley philosophy professor 'groped female assistant'
- Sydney police officer trapped inside car after crash
- Vietnamese sandwich shop is roasted for 'homophobic' menu
- Westpac's Martyn Wild resigns over misconduct allegations
- To ordinary Britons Martin McGuinness was a murdering thug
- David Cameron and Boris Johnson leave NY restaurant
- Cadbury's chocolate bars facing further cuts to their size
- Boston woman's stolen wallet returned with cash inside
- Queensland cyclone to be upgraded to Category 4
- Is this why Sydney is no longer a top holiday spot?
- London attacker Masood's first wife was terrified of him
- Francois Fillon's British wife ‘helped forge documents'
- Cheer yourself up with these words by Lakeland shepherd
- The Secret Life Of The Zoo gives insight into elephants
- Crocodile that mauled Queensland's Lee De Paauw captured
- Oregon woman sexually assaulted passenger on flight
- Belinda Van Krevel would swap her quiet life for jail cell
- Vigil held for boy mauled by Pitbull in Murray River
- Democrats mock House Republicans for healthcare failure
- Wisconsin woman filmed after drug overdose speaks out
- FBI expand search to Georgetown county for Drexel case
- London terror: JustGiving will skim 5% from hero's page
- Illegal immigrant 'strangled woman to death in her home'
- Questions on who will inherit Zara founders fashion empire
- NY movie producer claims vixen conned him out of $1.2m
- Police shoot homeless man threatening kids in Baltimore
- How the life of the London terror attacker changed
- London terror: Fourth victim's family say he was broken
- Badly behaved pupils are kept hidden from Ofsted
- Prankster makes plea for a 12-foot statue of Paul Walker
- Refugee advocate in her 60s marries asylum seeker, 31